Perfect your English language and Software Development skills and get set for a career in International businesses in Finland or around the globe!
in Information and Communications technology, 180 credits.
Upper Secondary School, fluent written and English skills.
1,5 years including on-the-job learning, full-time studies
with a compulsory orientation. Studies will take place at our in Pasila »
* Please submit all supporting documents with the online application form. We do not accept supporting documents sent by email.
WordPress + Drupal
Complement your core skillset with mastering Drupal and WordPress – Learn how to create modern Web sites and services from small to enterprise scale projects.
Agile development and teamwork
We use modern agile teamwork methodologies in our studies from the get go. The studies also include two agile team based software development projects.
18 months of hard work and happiness
QIT is a one and a half year study program and it leads to the Vocational Qualification in Information and Communication Technology in English. Studies consists of one year of intensive training on the premises in our college and half a year of internship in a company of professionals. Spend the best 18 months of your life in Helsinki, Finland!
The study programme is meant for applicants who have completed upper secondary school.
Application period for the program starting in January 2018 is 25th September – 22nd October 2017.
QIT program content
Course list of the QIT:
- Agile Software Development
- UI Design and Prototyping
- Content Management Systems
- Software Prototype Project
- ICT Communication tools
- Systems Deployment
- Purchasing Systems
- Data Structures
- Quality Assurance
- Software Development Project
- Career Planning and Networking
- Acquiring and Servicing Clients
- Entrepreneurial Skills
- On-The-Job Learning period
In our college, the program for Vocational Qualification in Information and Communications Technology for upper secondary school graduates will be implemented in a series of courses complemented with two agile team based software development projects. Your professional skills will be mapped at the beginning of the studies.
As our student, you are encouraged and supported to engage in entrepreneurial activities. The program for Vocational Qualification in Information and Communications Technology is action- and team-oriented. You can set up your own business with fellow students or work in a cooperative formed by the students.
As a student, you will be provided with a laptop for your use when you start the program.
On-the-job learning in QIT
You can complete a large part of the studies in the on-the-job learning companies. You can individually finish the program very quickly, even during one academic year. The duration of the right to study in the Vocational Qualification in Information and Communications Technology for upper secondary school graduates is two academic years.
Apply for the QIT program
- Program: Vocational Qualification in Information and Communications Technology, the program is taught in English
- Entrance requirements: upper secondary school, fluent written and spoken English, successful completion of the interview
- Credits and duration: 60 + 120 cp = 180 competence points (1,5 years)
- Application period: 25.9. – 22.10.2017
- Mandatory personal interview: end of November
- Program starts: January 2018
For more information on the application process, see our how to apply page
Further Information on application
contact by e-mail liisa.kustura(at)businesscollege.fi
or call +358 9 1489 0200 and ask for Ms Liisa Kustura
Further Information on QIT program contents
contact by e-mail miikka.merikanto(at)businesscollege.fi
or call +358 9 1489 0200 and ask for Mr Miikka Merikanto